Tofu Scramble has definitely made it’s way in the vegan spot light. It’s a great scramble egg replacement because its loaded with protein and has a similar texture and also color, thanks to turmeric! Thanks to black salt,Tofu Scramble has a similar taste and smell of eggs! I had previously posted a plain tofu recipe in the past. This is geared more towards whole foods (for example real garlic instead of garlic powder) and is loaded will veggies that will fill you up even more! The recipe below calls for black salt. I definitely recommend finding black salt and using it in this tofu scramble but not it’s not absolutely necessary.
- 15 oz. organic tofu, firm
- 1- 2 tbsp veggie broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp diced onion
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1-3 baby bella mushroom, sliced
- ½ – 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ – 1 tsp black sea salt/sea salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- 1 -2 tsp nutritional yeast, optional
- In a non-stick pan, over medium heat, add the veggie broth.
- Add the garlic, onion and mushroom then saute.
- Next, crumble in the tofu, with your hands then add the turmeric, salt, pepper and nutritional yeast.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes, or until the liquid has evaporated.