Summer peaches are the best! Remember those instant oatmeal packets that came in a variety pack? Those were one of favorite breakfast meals when I was a kid- especially the Peaches and Cream flavor! I decided to recreate a childhood favorite using a healthier more plant based approach. I replace the cream with coconut milk and, although fresh peaches will work, I had frozen on hand! This recipe is simple, quick and delicious!
- 5 frozen Peach slices, diced
- ½ cup coconut milk*+more for topping
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp stevia
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- Coconut chips
- Hemp seeds
- Almond slices
*Note: For the Coconut milk I used full fat canned coconut milk because it is super creamy. But feel free to use carton coconut milk, hemp milk or your favorite plant milk!
- In a small saucepan, add the peaches, water, coconut milk, 1 salt and stevia. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the rolled oats then reduce heat to a simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Let it cool for 2 minutes before serving. Add additional splash of coconut milk and toppings upon serving, if desires.