I was oh so skeptical about trying the cauliflower “wings” that started trending. I wanted to try them at restaurants but they only make buffalo flavor. Confession- I never liked buffalo sauce! Yes. I’m one of those weirdos. I’m also one of the weirdos that does not like mayo but that’s for another time! Point is, I figured I would just make my own recipe and flavor them up with BBQ. O-M-G! I was SHOCKED. These are really good. So crispy and flavorful!
I decided to use sazon and adobo in this recipe because that is how I learned to season chicken- when I ate it. If you have your own blend or favorite seasoning salt, use that! Please note that if you use sazon, use my DIY + the sea salt amount listed below. IF you use store bought (from an envelope) only use 1 packet and no additional salt.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp sazon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- black pepper, to preference
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk, or water
- 2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp adobo (or sea salt)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (or store bought)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Whisk together flour, sazon, salt and pepper. Pour and stir in plant milk or water.
- In a separate bowl, add the breadcrumb and adobo.
- Toss the cauliflower florets into the batter and cover well.
- Once done, let the access batter drip off and then coat in the seasoned panko crumbs. Tip: Push the cauliflower into the breadcrumb.
- Place the covered cauliflower on a lined baking tray. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Toss in BBQ sauce. OPTIONAL: Return to oven and bake for another 5 minutes to bake the sauce into the cauliflower.
See how to make these in the video below.