This is my second Pad Thai recipe. However it has been 3 years since I shared it (See it here)! This one is different because I use tofu and had a tomato-miso base. This Purple Pad Thai is, well, purple and mad with a lime-tamari base. Both equally delicious! The flavor in this is booming and the recipe is very simple to make. Use what veggies you have (i.e. don’t have zucchini? Use broccoli or peas, etc.). This is a great week night and will made at least 4 servings!
- ¼ cup lime juice (about 5 limes)
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ small onion, sliced
- 7 oz sprouted, organic tofu (about ½ block), match sticks
- 10 mushrooms (I used 5 baby bella & 5 shitake)
- 1 beefless cube*
- ½ yellow bell pepper, match sticks
- 1 small zucchini, spiralized
- 1 medium carrot, shreded
- 1 cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 10 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 8 oz Pad Thai Rice Noodles**
*Note: If you cannot find a beefless cube in stores, you can order it HERE or just use a veggie cube.
**Note:I used Organic Forbidden Pad Thai Rice Noodles that are made from black and brown rice. Cost the same and tastes the same as the clear/white Pad Thai Rice Noodles!
- In a small bowl, add the sauce ingredients then set aside.
- Cook the noodles al dente, strain and set aside.
- In a pan, over medium-low heat, add a splash of water then add the garlic and onion. After 2 minutes, add in the tofu.
- Next, add the veggie cube and mushrooms. Toss and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add in the bell peppers and half of the sauce. Toss then add in the zucchini, carrot, noodles and remaining sauce.
- Once everything in the pan is incorporated, add the spinach.
- Turn off the heat, toss in the basil and serve immediately. Top with slivered almonds, if desired. Enjoy!
Watch the video below!