I agree that TOO MUCH Coffee is not good. But some, in my opinion, is fine. I’ve been drinking coffee as far back as I can remember (read about it here or click here to hear me talk about it). For me, coffee is nostalgic and is one of those things in life I look forward to having every day- simply because it tastes so good. I used to use ANY creamer and white sugar years ago! About 5 years ago, I switch to organic creamer and coconut sugar. And just last year, I switched to coconut milk and stevia in my coffee.
Traditionally, Puerto Rican households have Café con Leche, Coffee with milk, which is why I called this Café con Leche. The milk is heated on the stove so that the coffee stays hot!
Please bear in mind that any time you change the way you eat/drink something you MAY not like it at first but not long after, your taste buds change. If you are looking to change to a healthier lifestyle or trying to give up dairy and drink coffee, try it this way!
- 2 – 4 tbsp Organic, canned coconut milk*
- ¼ – ½ tsp powered stevia, or to taste (or about 4 drops)
- 1 cup brewed organic coffee
*Note: I use Whole Foods Market 365 brand.
- Add the hot, brewed coffee to a mug.
- In a small pot, over medium heat, add the desired amount of coconut milk.
- Next, add the stevia. Stir.
- Bring it to a boil (should take a minute or so) then remove from heat.
- Add the warm coconut milk to you cup of coffee. Enjoy!
Watch this video about coffee addiction & how to make this version of coffee…