I like brown rice but it take so long to make! Jasmine rice is typically done in 30 minutes. It’s more cost effective to make you own rice than to buy frozen or minute rice. It is also the healthier option. I’ve read that jasmine Rice is a good source of fiber and benefits people who are diabetic, among other health related benefits. Give it a search and give this recipe a try!
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups Jasmine rice
Note: 3 cups of uncooked rice makes 6 cups of cooked rice. Use half of the ingredients for a smaller portion.
- On high heat, add the water, salt and oil to a pot.
- Bring to a boil then add the rice.
- Mix until the rice is submerged being careful not to over stir.
- Once the water evaporates a bit, set the stove to medium-low heat.
- Starting on the edges, mound the rice to the middle. Cover for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and carefully break up the rice, again, being careful not to over stir.
- Cover for another 15 minutes or until soft. Enjoy!
Watch this quick tutorial on how to make Jasmine Rice!