A spin on a classic: Meatballs. Well, beanballs. More protein and flavor than traditional meatballs. I used to get excited about spaghetti and meatball night when I was kid because it was rare that we had it. My mom usually cooked traditional Puerto Rican food. Therefore ordering out and cooking food from other cultures was a rare occurrence. I still get excited about spaghetti and meatball night because I just love the flavors! At this point of my life, I eat and cook food from all cultures but there’s something about spaghetti and meatball. Maybe because it reminds me of pizza?! These Turkeyless Beanballs can be enjoyed over pasta with Cashew Parmesan or in a meatball sub!
- 1 can white beans
- ½ cup bread crumb
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce, optional
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ not-chick’n bouillon cube*
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 basil leaves**
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning**
- 1 pinch sea salt & pepper, or taste
**1 tbsp dried basil
***2 tsp herbes de Provence + 2 tsp teaspoon OR ¼ teaspoon each of basil, thyme, rosemary & oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, add all of the ingredients then process for a few seconds. Shape into pin pong ball size and place on a baking sheet lined parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes. Flip then bake for another 10 minutes.
****** CLICK BELOW TO WATCH THE VIDEO! ******