This spicy dish is sure to please any spicy food lover. I’ve read that spicy foods increase serotonin in your brain, which makes you feel happier. Serotonin also helps you relax and feel less stressed. Zucchini has many benefits on its own, such as potassium, vitamins C and B6. When adding heat , you get even more benefits from this dish. Spicy food can aid in weight loss and aide in calorie burn. This Zucchini pair so well with Jalapeno Rice & Cool Cucumber-Mint Salad for a cool way to balance all of the heat!
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp white onion, diced
- 2 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- ½ tsp maple syrup (honey)
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp ginger (fresh or ground)
- 2 medium green zucchini, thinly sliced
- In a medium sized pan add the coconut oil, garlic and onion. Sauté on medium heat for a minute or so.
- Next add the tamari and honey. After 1 minute add red pepper flakes, black pepper and ginger
- Next, lower the heat then add the zucchini. Sauté until the zucchini is soften but still a bit crunchy.