Derived from Mexico, Jalapeno’s are loaded with Vitamin C- yes more than an orange! When the seeds of the pepper are used, they make food spicier. So if you are not crazy about spicy food, just don’t use the seeds! The cheesy flavor comes from every vegan’s favorite addition- nutritional yeast! This rice so good and pairs well with my Spicy Zucchinni recipe and my Cool Cucumber-Mint Salad to balance all of the heat!
- 2 cups of Cooked brown rice (or rice of your choice)
- 2 tbsp veggie broth (or coconut oil for sauting)
- 1 small garlic glove
- 1 medium jalapeno*, diced (or 2 small)
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
Tip: Leave the seeds in the jalapeno for more heat.
- In a medium sauce pan add veggie broth, garlic, salt, pepper, jalapeno and parsley. Sauté for 1 or 2 minutes on low-medium heat.
- Next add rice and incorporate. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Now, add in the nutritional yeast. Serve hot!