As I’ve said before, it is rare that I have tacos, or some form of tacos, on Tuesday. None-the-less, Taco Tuesday inspired this entire recipe! No matter what day of the week, these Blue Sin-Carne Nachos are ready for you next taco night! The Jalapeno, Cashew Queso is creamy, spicy and tastes like traditional queso! And if you haven’t tried jackfruit, you are in for a treat! It is chewy just like meat. Although jackfruit is a fruit and is sweet when it’s ripe, it is not sweet when it is canned in a brine. In my recipe, the jackfruit is definitely savory! In case you are wondering, the name Blue Sin-Carne Nachos came from the Blue Tortilla Chips I used, “Sin-Carne” means “without meat” in Spanish and of course, this is a Nacho bowl! Buen provecho (meaning Bon appetite or Enjoy you meal)!!
- Blue Corn Tortilla Chips (or your favorite kind!)
- Pulled Jackfruit
- ½ cup BBQ Sauce, Optional but recommended
- Jalapeno Cahew, Queso
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1.5 cups of corn (about 2 cobs)
- 2 cups pico de gallo (recipe below)
- 1 small handful cilantro, chopped, optional
Note: You can substitute the pico de gallo with salsa.
- Preheat the oven 400 degrees F.
- Lines the tortilla chips on a baking sheet and heat for 5- 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the BBQ sauce to the already cooked Pulled Jackfruit & make the pico de gallo, if it is not already made & if using.
- On a plate, add desired amount of tortilla chips.
- Layer on the Pulled Jackfruit, the corn then the Cahew Queso and finally the pico de gallo. Add additional cilantro, if desired.
Pico de Gallo Ingredients
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 small handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2-3 tbsp chopped red or white onion
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
Pico de Gallo Instructions
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.