Taco Tuesday inspired this recipe! The truth is, it is rare that I have tacos, or some form of tacos, on Tuesday. Am I alone?! No matter what day of the week, this Jalapeno, Cashew Queso is ready for you next taco night! It’s creamy, spicy and tastes like traditional queso. Personally, foods that are salty and crunchy have a special place in my heart. I prefer hard shell tacos or nachos over burritos, soft shell tacos or burritos bowls. This Jalapeno, Cashew Queso can be used as a dip (best served in a fondue bowl during gatherings) or on top of tacos or taco bowls. It’s simple and can be made in minutes!
- Cashew Cheese Sauce
- ½ jalapeno, diced (about 2 tbsp) (seeded if you don’t want it too spicy)
- 2 tbsp veggie broth, + more as needed
- 2 tbsp diced bell pepper
- 2 tbsp diced onion
- 2-4 tbsp cilantro
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large non-stick pan (or medium pot) over medium heat, add a splash of veggie broth and saute the onion, bell pepper and jalapeno for 3-5 minutes, or until soft.
- Next, lower the heat to a simmer then add the cashew sauce. Combine then add the cilantro. Taste and add salt and pepper, if desired. Serve warm.
NOTE: If the sauce seems too thick, add more veggie broth/water.