When I found vegan wonton wrappers, I was too excited! This is one of the recipe creations I came up with. If you follow me on Instagram, you saw me make these in my instastory. Here’s the official recipe. Most of my recipes are experimental but I right down the measurements as I go along. There are some recipes that I rotate throughout the month but most times, I make recipes once or twice. The cashew cheese sauce is something I make constantly! The cashew cheese sauce is extremely versatile and can be made into anything- the amount of liquid depends on what you are making (the less liquid you add, the thicker the cheese sauce will be).
If you watched my instastory, you know I boiled these first. Didn’t exactly workout! The texture was not ideal. Luckily I only boiled one, so I only lost one. I decided to bake them and, yes, they were perfect! These are packed with flavor and the cheese sauce brings it all together. I hope you enjoy these Wonton Raviolis. They are great for a week night dinner because they cook in no time. Pairs well with salad (try this one)!
Makes 16 Ravioli’s
- 32 Wonton wrappers
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- 1 cup frozen green Peas
- 3 cups of spinach, packed then roughly chopped
- 2 cup veggie broth
- 1 small bowl filled with water (to close the wrappers)
- Cashew Cheese Sauce
- In a large pan, add the shallot, garlic and ¼ cup of the veggie broth. Saute on medium-low heat, until the shallots are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Now add in the Herbes de Provence, peas, spinach and remaining veggie broth. Cook until the spinach is wilted and the veggie broth evaporates. Turn off the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spoon in a teaspoon filling in center of a wrapper. Dip you finger tips in the bowl of water and “brush” edge of wrapper with water, then place a second wrapper on top and seal, pressing out any trapped air. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- In a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper, bake the wonton ravioli’s for 10-12 minutes. They will puff up and turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle desired amount of cheese on the ravioli’s. Serve immediately.