I USUALLY have a green smoothie for breakfast and as a snack, I sometimes have overnight oats. Loaded with fiber and nutrients, it’s a great away to curb you appetite before lunch. I have such a busy schedule and anything I can do to make my day easier, I am all ears.
Overnight oats are amazing and involve no cooking. Just a few minutes of prep! They get soft overnight by sitting in liquid. It take about 2 minute to prepare and place in the fridge then all you have to do is grab and go in the morning.
I recommend setting the jar out on the counter to get the oats room temperature. Or you can place the jar in your bag when you head out the door. The oats should be room temperature when you are ready to eat them. If you try the oats and prefer them warm, you can heat for a few seconds in the microwave.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup hemp mylk, or other non-dairy mylk
- 2 tsp coconut sugar*
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
- 2 heaping tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 smal handful of blueberries
- 2 pitted dates, chopped (or raisons)
- 1 tbsp pecans (or any other nut/seed)
*Feel free to add more or less sugar. You can also substitute for monk fruit sugar or stevia.
- Add the oats, mylk, sugar, chia seeds, hemp seeds and coconut to a Mason jar then stir or cover & shake.
- Refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days.
- Set out on the counter or place in your “lunch” bag when you head out in the morning to get the oats room temperature. You can also heat for a few seconds in the microwave if you want them warm.
- Upon serving, mix in the blueberries, dates and pecans. Enjoy!