Oh yes, Mylk not Milk! Most people dread making their own mylk at home because, most times, you have to get a cheese cloth and stain the pulp before you drink it. Or because after you strain it, there’s barely any liquid left! Well, I have good news. You do not have to strain Hemp Mylk! Hemp Mylk is an amazing alternative to any milk because it is free of dairy, soy and nuts! For those who don’t know, hemp seeds are a great source of protein, calcium, magnesium, iron and fiber. You can also reap great benefits such as healthy skin & hair and better digestion just by drinking this mylk!
You can find Hemp Mylk in stores but be careful with additives and toxins. Although I add that most Hemp Mylks I’ve seen in stores have decent ingredients (unlike almond milk). Homemade Hemp Mylk is so easy to make, you won’t want to buy it . It’s also so cheap and only requires 2 ingredients: hemp seeds & water.
Hemp Mylk has a rich nutty flavor reminiscent of almond milk. Well, if you have a nut allergy you won’t know what it tastes like… until now! As for creaminess, you can just add less water and the mylk will be super creamy. Give it a go! P.S. Yes, hemp seeds from the ganja plant.
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 2 cups filtered water
Note: In case you want to make a larger batch, the ratio for this recipe is 1:3
- Add the hemp seeds and water to your blender.
- Blend for 30 seconds then let your blender rest for a few seconds. Blend for 30 more seconds and the mylk should be ready! If the liquid does seed smooth enough, blend again.
- Note: If the mylk is not creamy enough for you, add more hemp seeds and blend again. On the contrary, if the mylk is too thick or creamy for your liking, add more water. That easy!
Tip: I’ve made this in a Vitamix and a Nutribullet. Worked out great both ways.
Storing & Serving
- Store in a large mason jar in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- Add to cereal, oatmeal, protein shakes or any other recipe you add milk to.