This dish is super simple, no kidding. Yes, there is vegan bacon in it. I don’t eat vegan meat often, for a few reasons, but this one caught my eye. Vegan Hickory & Sage Smoked Bacon sounds super good, especially because I love sage! So I tried it and really liked it. I decided to add it to pasta with other amazing ingredients like Sofrito and oregano. This is a great lunch idea that can even be made the night before or it’s a great dinner option for a busy week night.
- 1 package/box penne pasta
- 1 package Hickory & Sage Smoked Bacon by Sweet Earth, chopped
- 3 vine ripen tomatoes, diced
- 3 sprigs scallion, sliced
- 1 tbsp oreagno
- 5 tbsp Sofrito
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ to ½ cup water
- 2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain, reversing ½ cup of water, and set aside.
- Cook the bacon according to package instructions and set aside.
- In a large bowl, like a salad bowl or mixing bowl, add the tomatoes, scallion and Sofrito. Toss together.
- Now add the pasta, olive oil, oregano, salt and ¼ cup of water. If the pasta looks too dry, drizzle with a bit more olive oil or add more water. Enjoy!