Greek/Mediterranean cuisine is my favorite! It’s fresh and filling. When I used to travel for work, I discovered a Mediterranean restaurant in a small town. This was the first time I was exposed to lemon potatoes. I was, for some crazy reason, skeptical about lemon soaked potatoes. So very tasty. Of course I had to try to replicate the potatoes at home. The lemon potato I tired was peeled and has a yellow tint to it. In my recipe, I left the skin on these red potatoes, for the added nutrients, and added some fresh garlic and dill! Don’t be intimidated by these lemon potatoes. Try them at your next meal!
- 6 red potatoes, cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp dill (or oregano)
- 1 cup veggie broth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add the potatoes then toss in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and dill.
- Now, in a baking dish, add the seasoned potatoes and pour in the veggie broth.
- Cover with aluminum and roast potatoes until tender and golden, about 1 hour.