This Creamy Cilantro Kelp Noodles is perfect for lunch. Its earthy flavor is like sunshine in a bowl bursting with flavor and nutrients! Kelp Noodles are a sea vegetable raw noodle form. No, there is no salty or sea-like flavor in them at all. Kelp Noodles are fat-free, gluten-free, and very low in carbs and calories! The texture is crunchy when they are raw. When heated or soaked they will not be crunchy or as crunchy.
I’ve discovered that cashews are the best way to get a creamy sauce going in vegan meals. I’ve tried cashews for mac and cheese recipes and salad dressing recipes. The Raw Cilantro Cream Sauce below can be made into a salad dressing & heated for a pasta, if you like!
Makes 2 servings!
Raw Cilantro Cream Sauce
Raw Cilantro Cream Sauce Ingredients
- 5 tbsp cashews*
- 2 tsp coconut aminos, or tamari*
- 2 scallions, white and green parts
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 mini peppers
- 2 tsp national yeast
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
*Note1: Soak raw cashew overnight or boil for 15 minutes, or until fork tender.
*Note2: If you don’t have coconut aminos or tamari just use about ¼ teaspoon of sea salt.
Raw Cilantro Cream Instructions
- Combine all if the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- 1 package kelp noodles, cut
- 1 vine ripened tomato*, diced
- 1 curly kale leaf, chopped & stems removed
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds, divided optional
*Note: Sundried tomatoes also go great with this recipe!
- In a large mixing bowl add the cut kelp noodles. Slowly mix in the sauce to add the desired amount (I poured the whole mixture in!).
- In 2 serving bowls, divide the creamy noodles.
- Top with tomatoes, kale and hemp seeds. Enjoy!
*Note: Store any remaining sauce in the refrigerator in a mason jar.