I think most people would agree that Ketchup is good on its own. I used to put it on everything-especially as a kid! Fries, eggs, rice, etc. As I got older, and started experimenting with food, I thought to make a more “adult” version. And here it is! This sauce is so versatile and so easy to make! All you have to do is stir the ingredients together with a spoon. I make it in 30 seconds! This Spicy Ketchup can be used as dipping sauce for sweet potato fries or French fries. I favorite way to use this Spicy Ketchup is on any savory sandwich, especially burgers!
- ¼ cup organic ketchup
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire
- ½ tbsp coconut aminos (or tamari)
- ½ tsp garlic powder (or 1 clove minced)
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (or more)
- ¼ cracked pepper
- ½ lemon, juiced, optional
- 1/8 tsp smoke paprika, optional
Note: Why organic ketchup? High fructose corn syrup (yuck). Please compare and read labels!
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix with a fork.
- Store in a small mason jar or any other air tight container.