If I am not having a green smoothie or protein shake for breakfast, I usually have overnight oats. Loaded with fiber and nutrients, it’s a great away to begin your day! I have such a busy schedule and anything I can do to make my day easier, I am all ears.
Overnight oats are a dream come true. Why? Because you do not have to cook them. They get soft overnight by sitting in liquid. It take about 2 minute to prepare and place in the fridge then all you have to do is grab and go in the morning.
I recommend setting the jar out on the counter to get the oats room temperature. Or you can place the jar in your bag when you head out the door. The oats should be room temperature when you are ready to eat them. If you try the oats and prefer them warm, you can heat for a few seconds in the microwave.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk, or non-dairy milk
- ½ banana, mashed
- 1/8 -1/4 tsp stevia
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
- Pitted cherries
- Coconut flakes
- ½ banana, sliced
- Coconut whipped cream (instructions below)
- Add all the ingredient in a Mason jar (or a sealed Tupperware bowl) then stir or cover & shake.
- Refrigerate overnight (or up to 3 days).
- Set out on the counter or place in your bag when you head out in the morning to get the oats room temperature. You can also heat for a few seconds in the microwave if you want them warm.
- Add the suggested toppings above (and pictured) or whatever topping you have at home. Enjoy!
Coconut Whipped Cream Instructions
- Refrigerate a can of coconut milk for 8 hours or overnight.
- Open can of coconut milk (do not shake!) and remove the top layer (that’s the cream).
- Beat coconut cream using electric mixer with chilled beaters on medium speed; turn to high speed.
- Add 2 tsp maple syrup and 1 tsp vanilla extract for flavor!