I’ve said this umpteenth times- I Love Pizza! I haven’t met a single person who doesn’t. When I was a kid, my mom ordered pizza almost every Friday. This is a woman who cooked, and still cooks, almost every day! As I got older and began cooking for myself, pizza was the one thing I wanted to master. I have other pizza recipes on my blog but the pizza dough recipe is not mine because baking is not my strong suit.
Lately, Trader Joe’s has been my super market of choice. Seriously, the prices are amazing and the unique finds are unbeatable. The Garlic naan I chose as the crust in this pizza recipe is from Trader Joe’s. It looks like a giant slice of pizza! One hungry afternoon, I wanted pizza and this recipe came out of it.
It is a known fact that I am a vegetarian not a vegan. However, I have vegan habits that often confuse my friends- and I’m okay with that! Recently, I visited a local restaurant that offered a gluten-free vegan pizza. The vegan cheese brand was “Kite Hill Ricotta”. I was skeptical but curious so I order. And, Hello! It was amazing.
Kite Hill Ricotta is made from fermented almonds. Seriously, why can’t I think of this stuff?! It’s genius. I went on Kite Hill Cheese hunt and found it at Whole Foods Market. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Yes. I don’t keep it stocked in my fridge but it is a nice treat. Plus, the ingredients are amazing! There are DIY Vegan Ricotta cheeses out there so, please, explore them if you are adventurous. I hope you enjoy this fast, easy, delicious recipe. Make it on pizza night or make it ahead and reheat for lunch. Buon Appetito!
- 1 Garlic Naan Bread
- ¼ cupof your favorite marinara sauce*
- 1 curly kale leaf, chopped
- ¼ zucchini, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp [vegan] ricotta cheese, divided
- 2 tsp hemp seeds, optional for topping
*Note: Click Here to try my spicy marinara sauce. If you don’t like heat, omit the red pepper flakes in the recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit.
- Thaw the Garlic Naan to room temperature (about 30 minutes or less). If you are really impatient, you can place it to the oven while it preheats.
- Once the naan is thawed, begin to layer it. Spread the marinara sauce all over then add the chopped kale and zucchini. Finally, add small balls of ricotta.
- Place on a pizza pan, on a sheet of parchment paper, in the oven for about 15 minutes, depending on how you like your crust.
- Once done, sprinkle with hemp seeds and vegan Parmesan.
- Pair with my Tomato&Broccoli Salad with Tangy Dijon Vinaigrette.
- Pair with my Sweet Potato Thyme Fries.