Is it tofu or eggs? It’s both! No, not really. It’s tofu… that looks like eggs! As a vegetarian, I try to be as vegan conscious as possible. I was very skeptical about making tofu eggs. In fact, I bought the tofu and left it in my refrigerator for almost a month before I decided to try it. I don’t typically eat tofu. In fact, this is the first time I’ve ever cooked it! And I must say, I really like it. I discovered that I actually prefer tofu scramble over scrambled eggs. In my opinion, it taste better. If you are hesitant about trying tofu “eggs” that’s common. But try it! Be a good adventurer. You might be pleasantly surprised.
- 15 oz. organic tofu, firm
- ¼ cup veggie broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp sea salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp cracked pepper, optional
Note: Turmeric is what makes the tofu yellow, like scrambled eggs! But turmeric does more than give your food a yellow hue. Turmeric has so many benefits so if you don’t have this in your spice cabinet, you should!
- In a large bowl, mash the tofu with a fork to get it to a scrambled egg texture.
- In a non-stick pan, over medium heat, add the veggie broth.
- Add the tofu, garlic powder, turmeric salt and pepper then sauté.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, sautéing every few minutes.
Enjoy these tofu eggs plain (above), which are still delicious, or add extra flavor (& protein) by including spinach, mushroom and sautéed onions (below)!
Enjoy these tofu eggs along side…