There are so many toxic additives in grocery store salad dressing. Don’t get me wrong- I noticed a few mainstream brands are creating healthy options options. But it is still processed. Make your own. It’s quite simple. Most people think that all salad dressing have to have oil and vinegar to be healthy or believe that is the base of salad dressing. Well, it’s not true. Using lemon or lime (or both!) provides the tangy flavor offered by vinegar. Give it a try!
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 small garlic clove, minced (or 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 tsp dill
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 pinch salt & pepper, or to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil, optional
- whisk all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Transfer to a small mason jar to seal freshness.
BONUS Salad Recipe! You can pair any salad you want to this salad dressing. But here is one if you are tired of the same o’ ideas!
- 1 handful of spring mix
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced & halved
- 1/4 cup shredded brussel sprouts
- 2 kumatos (a.k.a brown tomatoes)
- 2 tsp hemp seeds