My chocolate cravings are through the roof lately! One of the joys of being a woman. Luckily I know how be creative to fix it or else I’d down a pint of ice cream! This smoothie does just the trick in a healthy, satisfying way! Recently, I have also been very deep into my yoga practice so I upped my protein shake dosage and switch up the flavors. My favorite protein powder brand is Sunwarrior “Natural” flavor- Chocolate and Vanilla are also available. I prefer natural because I can customized the shakes to match my pallet! I hope you try this as a post-workout or snack attack moment. Bottoms up!
- 2 cup almond milk (chocolate flavored if you have it!)
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 scoop of protein powder (chocolate flavored if you have it!)
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 tsp bee pollen, optional
- 2 chocolate sandwich cookies (like oreo), optional
- ½ cup cashews, optional
Optional Ingredients: Bee Pollen for extra energy, chocolate sandwich cookies for extra chocolate, cashews for creaminess!
- Blend all of the ingredients, without the ice, for about a minute.
- Now add the ice, blend for a few seconds and enjoy!