Move over sautéed spinach and make way for sautéed kale! Sautéed spinach is a traditional family side. In recent years, kale has taken the spotlight in the healthy food trend. Most of us know that kale is a great source of protein. In this recipe, I include white beans for added protein! In addition to protein, kale is high in fiber, calcium and potassium. This recipe is easy to make and is made in minutes.
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 small red onions, diced (or 2 shallots)
- ¼ tsp salt, optional
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 cups packed kale, chopped (stems removed)
- 1 can white beans
- 2 oregano springs (or 1 tsp dried)
- Over medium heat in a medium size pan, add the oil and garlic. Once golden add the onions. Occasionally sauté for 10 minutes. Add the salt and pepper, if desired.
- Now add the vegetable broth. Mix around. Add the kale. Lower heat. Cover for 5 minutes. Once the kale is wilted, add the beans.
- Mix then add the oregano. Enjoy!