I have to say that I, for one, have never liked fruit dip. You know the sweet white dip that is nestled between fruit on a fruit-tray. Generally, I get the fascination. You dip sweet fruit into more sweetness and get a warm feeling inside that feels a lot like love. I love dip! & I love nut butters. & I love Apples – In case you were wondering! Unlike most fruit dips that have dairy (sour cream, cream chees whipped cream, etc.) and/or marshmallow (which has gelatin- animal by product) this recipe has none of those! Although this Coco-nutty Fruit Dip is only posing with apples in these photos, this dip will pair deliciously with bananas, strawberries, carrots, whatever you like!
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter*
- 1-2 tbsp of unsweetened almond milk (to desired thickness)
- 2 tsp coconut nectar (or sub for pure maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 sprinkle of cinnamon, optional
- ½ tsp vanilla extract, optional
- 1 tsp bee pollen, optional
*Tip 1: Be sure to use natural or organic peanut butter. Why? Because other peanut butters have hydrogenated oils (saturated fats that make you fat). I used Justin’s Peanut Butter (not too sweet).
Tip 2: I don’t, typically, purchase vanilla almond milk but if you do, use that and omit the vanilla extract.
- Place all of the ingredients in a small bowl, mix with a spoon & enjoy!