A balanced diet is important for everyone, not just vegans & vegetarians. I always make sure I eat a good amount of protein, in addition to other nutritional essentials daily. Kale is more than just a fad, it is a real super food loaded with so benefits. Most people, who are not healthy foodies, do not appreciate kale because of its bitter taste. However, paired with garlic it is really good! Personally, I eat kale raw (in salads or smoothies) or cooked. I find that chopping it, like in this recipe, makes it easier to “handle”. If you don’t love kale but are willing to give another try, make this recipe! It tastes so good with the garlic and pairs so well with “sweet” corn kernels!
- 1 c of cooked Brown Rice
- ½ c of vegetable broth, divided
- 1 c kale, chopped
- ½ small onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove (or 2 small)
- 2 corns on the cobs, kernels removed
- A few chopped chives, garnish & flavor, optional
NOTE: I used curly kale and chopped until it was small. Make sure it is a packed cup (not a loosely packed cup).
- In a medium non-stick pan, on medium heat, add a little less than half of the vegetable broth and all of the chopped onions. Sauté for about 2 minutes then add the kale and garlic.
- Continue to sauté, adding the vegetable broth slowly (it will begin to evaporate).
- Once the kale begins to wilt, lower then heat then add the corn.
- Once the corn is incorporated, add the cooked brown rice.
- When the vegetable broth has evaporated, the rice is done. Add chives upon serving. Enjoy!