Salads are boring blah, blah, blah! They can be, yes. On the flip side, living a healthy lifestyle, that includes adding an abundance of greens to your diet, will require a bit of creativity. I love salad! I create my own salad dressings to keep mine interesting. The trick to a tasty salad/dressing adding unique ingredients, such as sprouts and herbs. Just like I did here! Try this when making your next salad meal!
Cucumber Salad Ingredients
- 1 Large cucumber, sliced
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 pinches clover sprouts (or any sprouts)
Lime-Dill Dressing Ingredients
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 2 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch sea salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Starting with the dressing ingredients, combine in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the salad ingredients to a personal-sized salad bowl.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over salad.
- This salad can be eaten as is or you can add it to a bed of greens.
- For the cheese eaters, add some crumbled feta.