I love mustard! Seriously, I prefer it over ketchup. When I developed this healthier lifestyle I discovered Dijon mustard. Brown mustard was my favorite. Something about that pungent taste makes me dance. Dijon mustard has a similar taste. And I read mustard protects against Gastrointestinal Cancer. Bonus!
This recipe is one I frequent. Anyone who knows me know that I do not like mayonnaise. Never been a fan. So I came up with this vinaigrette, of sorts. (Click here for my Tangy Dijon ). It is so simple to make and no cooking is required! Perfect for these summer days upon us. Or the lazy days, whichever you prefer. Hey, why not take it to your next BBQ. Don’t forget to see serving suggestions!
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 2 cups slaw
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt, to taste (optional)
NOTE: Cut tomatoes and onions any size you like!
TIP: Go to your local product store and get chopped slaw for about $1!
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and serve!
TIP: If the slaw is too moist, add more slaw.
- Add on top of a bed of greens for a full salad.
- Vegetarians: Instead of adding salt, add crumbled feta.
- Vegans: Add nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor & to cut the tangy flavor.