Not all creamy foods involve dairy (heavy cream) or nuts (cashews)! This is a warm and savory dinner idea that will satisfy the winter blues. It may seems complicated but its not! This meal can be done in less than an hour including prep. If you don’t mind the cook time, take your time. Enjoy the moment. Cooking can be therapeutic for those of us who enjoy cooking. Vegan and gluten-free!
Creamy Mushroom sauce
Creamy Mushroom sauce Ingredients
- 1 8oz pack of whole white mushrooms, caps sliced & stems diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ tsp sage
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp spicy brown mustard
- ½ cup water
- ½ veggie cube
- ½ cup hemp milk (or non-dairy milk)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt, to taste
Creamy Mushroom sauce Instructions
- In a medium nonstick pan add the oil, onions, garlic and mushroom stems. Sauté on medium heat until golden. Now add the sage, oregano and black pepper. Mix together then add the mustard, milk veggie cube and water (or ½ cup of vegetable broth).
- Add the mushroom slices. Sauté for 10 minutes on low-medium heat.
- Now incorporate the parsley.
- Cover and let simmer until thickened.
Cauliflower Balls Ingredients
- 1 small cauliflower, florets
- ¾ cup of coconut flour
- 3 eggs (I used Ener-G Egg Replacer)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp ½ tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp morajam (or oregano)
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
Cauliflower balls Instructions
- Stem or boil the cauliflower until soft. Meanwhile all of the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Blend the cauliflower in a food processor then combine with the dry ingredients.
- On a greased baking sheet, roll the mixture into golf ball sized balls.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Flip then bake for another 15 minutes.
- Once ready, add the mushroom sauce to a place with the cauliflower balls on top.
- Or dip the cauliflower balls into a small bowl of mushroom sauce.
TIP: This can also be a good appetizer idea! Put the mushroom sauce in a fondue bowl (to keep warm) and put toothpicks in the cauliflower balls .