Last week I post a Mint Chimichurri recipe and noted it could be added to veggies, rice or pastas for an extra flavor boost. This week I am providing a recipe for an entire meal! Note: You can add as much Chimichurri to the recipe as you taste buds crave. I hope you enjoy it! (Click here for the Mint Chimichurri)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp of the Mint Chimichurri (or more)
- Salt, to taste
- A bit of coconut oil (optional)
- In a small pot, over medium heat, add the Mint Chimichurri and oil. Let it sizzle for about 2 minutes. Crank up the heat and add the milk and veggie broth.
- Bring to a boil then add the quinoa. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is translucent.
- 6 carrots, peeled
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Mint Chimichurri
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- Cut the peeled carrot in half widthwise (2 pieces) then cut lengthwise (4 pieces). They will looks like “fries”.
- In a small-medium non-stick pan add the Chimichurri and ginger. Stir together, over medium heat, for about 3 minutes. Now add the honey. Low the heat and let settle for 1 minute.
- Finally add the carrots. Let the flavors infuse.
- At this point, you can eat the carrots as they are, if you like them crunchy. OR you can cover and simmer for 1-5 minutes.