No fair how vegetable gravy is not available on grocery store shelves like chicken or beef! They do have a powdered version but I only found those available online. Personally, I haven’t tired it but I hear it’s good. I prefer to make food from scratch. This is a healthy tasty gravy that can be added to pot pies or mashed potatoes!
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- 1 big garlic clove
- ½ medium white onion, grated
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast, optional
Tip: If you do not have a vegetable bouillon cube, use 2 cups of vegetable broth and omit the water.
- In a small pan on medium heat add the coconut oil, onion and garlic. Sauté for about 10-15 minutes. (Tip: The more caramelize the onions are, the more flavor this gravy will have.)
- Now, add the seasons and flour.
- Once the flour is incorporated add the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.