This is probably the best salad I made so far- flavorwise. I wish I could say it just the dressing but combined with the salad ingredients, it’s so delicious. It’s the perfect summer salad and can be paired with anything. I’ve made this for several people and everyone loved it. It’s chopped goodness that is even more amazing with this salad dressing. Pair with your [vegan] hot dogs and burgers or beside your dinner entrée.
TIP: Save excess dressing for your next salad. Store in a mason jar!
Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 10 sundried tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh basil (packed)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp capers
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ water
Salad Dressing Instructions
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth- adding extra tablespoons of water if necessary.
- 1 can artichoke (8.5 oz), drained
- 1 small can sliced black olives (2.5 oz), drained
- 1 heaping handful arugula
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 pinch salt, to taste (optional)
NOTE: If you don’t have scallions, use red onion.
Salad Assembly Instructions
- Place add items in the bowl (minus the greens).
- Mix in the salad dressing.
- Place in the bowl in the refrigerator for 30-60minutes.
4. After setting in the refrigerator, place in a large bowl.
5. Add the greens, toss and serve.