What can I say about eggplant that hasn’t been said already?! It’s definitely a favorite and as essential on my grocery list as greens for my green smoothie. Roasted eggplant taste the best, to me! Pureed is another way to enjoy this. Paired with the minty rice and top with the cucumbers, it’s perfect. It’s fresh, light and filling!
Roasted Eggplant Puree Ingredients
- 1 Large Eggplant, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup white beans
- ¾ cup of unsweetened almond milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
Roasted Eggplant Puree Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. On a baking sheet place a piece of parchment paper. Next, place the eggplant, cut side up.
2. Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil, a sprinkle of salt and pepper to each halve.
3. Flip, cut side down and bake for 15 minutes. Flip, cut side up, and then bake for 15 more minutes.
4. Remove from oven (after 30 full minutes) and add the garlic cloves to the sheet then place back in the oven baking for 10 extra minutes.
5. Scoop the eggplant from its flesh and place in a food processor with the garlic, beans and almond milk. Blend until smooth.
6. In a small pot all the eggplant mixture and heat for about 5 minutes on low.
Mint Rice Ingredients
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp lemon, juiced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cucumber, diced topping
Mint Rice Instructions
- Cook the brown rice according to package instructions.
- Once the rice is cooked, turn off the heat then add all other ingredients.
- Place the puree on the place, top with the mint rice then add the cucumber.