Peas and carrots. 2 peas in pod. Traditionally, these are classic duos. I was just hungry one afternoon but was craving a light lunch. Wraps are great but all that carb is not good for those of us who are watching their carb intake. My flavor choices in this recipe are random but I promise they pair well! 2 Peas [& Carrots] in a Pod can be eaten as a snack, part of a meal or appetizer. Pairs nicely with veggie soup.
- 1 romaine heart
- ¼ tsp coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 green onions, whites and greens chopped
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp turmeric (optional)
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ½ cup carrots, peeled and chopped (about 3 carrots)d
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup of black-eyed peas
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- In a medium pan, add the oil, garlic and onion whites only. Sauté on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, ginger, cumin, turmeric and rosemary. Mix together and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Then, add the carrots, broth, black-eyed peas and frozen peas. Cover on low heat for 10 minutes. Now add the parsley and half of the green part of the oven.
- When the carrots are soften, turn off heat.
Various Topping Ingredients
- 1 Tomato dice, remaining green parts of onion, 5 mint leaves, 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
- 2 tbsp feta cheese
- 1 small handful of alfalfa sprouts