It’s zucchini season! That means you can find them by and large at your local produce store and farmers market! I made this Zucchini- cannellini recipe a while ago. Luckily zucchini’s are sold year around because, personally, I love them! You can make noodles with them, dice them, cook them or eat them raw!
This Red Zucchini- Cannellini has more of an Italian flare to it. It an easy, quick dinner idea that can be eaten with cook brown rice or quinoa. You can even add it to a bowl and eat it alone with salad!
Red Zucchini Ingredients
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp basil
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes, blended
- 2 tsp stevia
- 1 vegetable seasoning (envelope or cube)
- 1 can cannellini beans
- Add olive oil, onions, garlic and red pepper in a large pan on low heat. Add salt, pepper, oregano and basil. Sautee for 5-7 minutes then add the zucchini.
- Blend tomatoes in a blender. Add the tomato sauce and stevia to the pan.
- Add vegetable seasoning. Let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the beans and stir for about 1 minute. Serve hot.