Pizza is my all-time favorite food! (I think I’ve said that once or twice!) The best pizza, in my option, is full of gluten and cheese! Yes, I admit it. But I will also admit I do not consume that kind of pizza regularly- it is very rare! This version does not have those “bad” things- well, if you exclude the feta cheese that is (which you can!). But if you are a non-vegan, feta is actually one of the better cheeses to eat (find out why here). Besides, I only used feta on half of my pizza and both halves were equally delicious.
I had to figure out a way to enjoy pizza with all “bad” things eliminated and half the carb. Here it is! My Sauce-less [potentially cheese-less] Skinny Pizza! It’s so deliciously nutritious and you won’t even know it. And yes, I have this way more often than “regular” pizza. I take my last bite with a smile rather than a frown as I unbutton my pants from being so bloated! So here’s to not bloating and guilt-free tasty pizza. Cheers!
Serving Size: Makes 1 pizza.
- 1 brown Rice tortilla
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1-2 vine ripen tomatoes, slices
- 2 mini bella mushrooms
- ½ small white onion
- 2 brussell sprouts
- 1 small piece of red pepper, diced
- 1-2 tbsp of feta cheese, optional
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 basil leaves, torn
- 1 small handful of sprouts (I used alfalfa sprouts)
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 sprinkle paprika, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Rub the garlic clove on the tortilla to give it a garlicky flavor.
2. Next, add the tomato rings and chopped garlic. Then add the onion, mushrooms, red pepper and brussell sprouts. Now, sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano.
3. At this point if you would like to add the feta cheese, sprinkle on top (I used feta on half of my pizza).
4. Bake for 12 minutes then remove (notice the crisp edges).
5. Add the basil leaves.
6. Finally add the crushed red peppers, paprika and sprouts.