I love pizza in general. However, having pizza from a pizzeria is loaded with carb and gluten. 2 things I try to avoid in my daily “diet”. Don’t get me wrong I love carbs, maybe secretly we all do! But avoiding the bad ones are necessary to maintain a healthy daily diet. This Skinny Pizza will taste just like thin crust pizza. Hence the name “Skinny Pizza”- its more than just the thin “crust”. It also aids a thinner skinnier line! Since this pizza is baked on a tortilla wrap, it will bake in less than 15 minutes!
A few weeks ago I posted a pizza flavored salad dressing that’s called Pizza-Time. It can double as a sauce and I promise you will love it! I enjoy pizza recipe for lunch or dinner beside a salad or soup.
Serving: Makes one pizza.
- 1 brown Rice tortilla
- 3-4 tbsp pizza sauce (1 half)
- 3-4 tbsp pizza-time dressing (1 half)
- 5 broccoli florets, sliced in half
- 5 baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 slice onion rings, white or red
- 1 tbsp cilantro for topping
- Few chucks of fresh vegan/vegetarian mozzarella
- 2 garlic clove, diced
- 5 walnut halves, crumbled
Note: One sauce (or your favorite marinara) can be used rather than half & half, as directed above. I was feeling adventurous this day!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Line a pizza pan with parchment paper and place the tortilla on it.
2. Spread the pizza sauce on 1 side of the tortilla and the pizza-time dressing on the other side.
3. Now layer the onion, spinach and broccoli.
4. Add the garlic and walnuts.
5. Now the mozzarella.
6. Bake for 12 minutes then remove.