I can’t express how much I love pizza! It is hands down my favorite food and I don’t know why. I love it so much, I had to make a salad dressing that tasted like it! I hope you enjoy it too. This can also be used in place of marinara sauce when making pizza!
Note: Salad ingredients makes 1 salad
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 green onion, white and green parts
- 1 tbsp parsley, dried or fresh
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 dizzle lemon juice
- 1 small tomato diced
- 2 tbsp pizza-time salad dressing
Note: Sauce makes about 1 cup.
Pizza-Time Sauce Ingredients
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 small white onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp black pepper
Pizza-Time Sauce/Dressing Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Chop the red pepper into large chunks.
2. Now, chop the onions into large chunks.
3. Place the onions on a greased baking sheet with the red peppers. Sprinkle salt evenly over vegetables.
4. Place in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes add the garlic to the baking sheet.
5. After a full 20 minutes, the vegetable will look, relatively, like this…
6. Turn on the broiler and broil for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add the vegetables to a blender along with the pepper, oregano, black pepper, tomato paste and vegetable broth. Blend until smooth.
Storage & Serving: Store in mason jar and refrigerate. Can be consumed warm, cold, or room temperature